EACH's Fundraising Team

East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH)

Our Fundraising team has enjoyed another memorable year, working collaboratively to buck national trends. There have been numerous eye-catching results, achieved against the backdrop of a tough cost-of-living climate and put into focus when compared with the forecasted total deficit of £77m for UK hospices for the current year, according to projected figures issued by Hospice UK. In marked contrast, our brilliant team ended the year £1.2m up on planned income, which will go on to make a huge difference to the families we support across East Anglia.

There have been so many highlights, including a record year of charitable trust growth, consistently brilliant performances by the community and corporate teams, a huge uptake on mass participation events, several six-figure major donations secured and a record-breaking year for our Happy Christmas Ipswich show, organised in collaboration with patron Griff Rhys Jones. We have also managed to buck the trend in terms of direct mail responses, with a five per cent response rate for our Christmas Appeal. It is a magnificent team effort and absolutely vital, given that we only receive around 15% of our funding from statutory sources and have to raise the other 85%.